- Tour Package: 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Santuary Tour
- Number of Activities : 4
- Tour(Safari) Duration: 1 day(s)
- Maximum Number of Tourist in the Group : 14
- Date of Booking : Any Date
1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Santuary
Zimbo Safaris Uganda offers a boat cruise out on Lake Victoria to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary and have a chance to view chimpanzees feeding. You will also be treated to sights of monitor lizards, birds, and photographic opportunities. We arrange both half and full day trips and our boats leave at either 9:00am or 12:45pm.
Upon arrival at the sanctuary, you will be directed to our visitor’s center where you will be introduced to the project, its history, our residents and their plight. On each of the two types of day visits (half day and full day), you will receive a personal orientation by a chimpanzee caregiver and view a feeding of the chimpanzees (full day visitors will view 2 feedings) from the visitors’ raised platform area along the edge of the sanctuary fence. We encourage you to book your trip in advance to ensure availability and avoid disappointment
- Airport Transfers
- Boat cruise to and From Ngamba Island
- Entrance fee to Ngamba island
- Entrance fee to Reptiles Village
- Chimpanzee viewing
- Morning Chimpanzee feeding
- Snake viewing
- Car hire and driver
- Nature viewing
- Service charges
- All government taxes inclusive
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item not included in our itinerary
1-day Ngamba Island chimpanzee Santuary
You will be picked up from your preferred location at 8:3Oam after your breakfast and drive to Waterfront beach where you will board the speed boat and ride to Ngamba Island at 9:00 am, the ride will be approximately 45-60mis depending on the weather. On arrival at Ngamba Island, you will be welcomed by the tour guide and you will be briefed about your Visit at the sanctuary.
During your visit you will experience:
chimpanzee viewing, feeding, optional shopping at the island gift shop, bird watching, experiencing other wildlife encounters,
Our day visitors can also ‘get their hands dirty’ by being part of the feeding team. This is an opportunity for you to feed the chimpanzees from the platform. On top of being able to feed your favourite chimp, you will also watch as the chimps excitedly try and gain your attention to receive food (this activity is subject to management exclusion and policies).
After the Chimpanzee viewing, you will have lunch and the ride back to Entebbe at 1:00 pm and reach Entebbe at approximately 2:00 pm and then drive to Uganda Reptiles village for snake viewing this will take 45 mins and then you will be dropped off to your preferred location