- Tour Package: 14 Days Best Mid – Range Primate and Wildlife Lake Bunyonyi
- Number of Activities : 6
- Tour (Safari) Duration: 14 days
- Maximum Number of Tourist in the Group : 15
- Date of Booking : Any Date
14 Days Wild Adventures
This 14 Day Wild Adventures safari package designed for mid range clients who would wish to spend 14 days of their holiday vacation in Uganda the Pearl of Africa. Uganda has got ten major national parks and this package covers three of them. Kibale national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, Lake Mburo national park and Bwindi Impenetrable national park. This package involves tracking of primates like Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi national park as well chimpanzees in Kibale national park.You will also have a chance to encounter the crater lakes of Bunyonyi in Kabale where you will also enjoy a canoe boat cruise of lake bunyonyi. A wildlife tour in Queen Elizabeth national park and .Launch trip for shoreline view are also part of this package where client will have chance to see animals on the shores a few meters away. On addition you will have chance to view beautiful scenery of nature and the locals of Uganda on your way to the park. The package also provides accommodations on a full-board basis to enable you enjoy your stay in our country as you explore your safari dreams in the four national parks.
This safari package also insures your Transportation in a 4×4 customized safari vehicle (land cruiser /min van) as a priority to make this package safe and successful due to the rough terrain in these national parks.
Book with us for a tremendous Primate tracking and wildlife safari experience.
NOTE: You need to book for your this package at least 6 months (but not more than two years) in advance for us to ensure availability of Gorilla and chimpanzee on permits your requested dates of the trip.
- Airport transfers
- Equator monument experience
- Park entrance fee (Queen Elizabeth NP and Kibale NP and Lake Mburo NP)
- Game drives (Queen Elizabeth and Lake Mburo NP )
- Accommodations (As stipulated in the Itenerary)
- Boat cruise on lake bunyonyi
- Nature walk in Bigodi wet swamps
- Community walk in Kabale
- Services of Game rangers
- Car hire 4×4 customize safari vehicle inclusive of fuel (landcruiser or Mini van)
- Services of an English speaking driver and Guide
- Refreshments on the way (Mineral water) (lunch)
- All government taxes
- Gorilla permits that go for a cost of USD 600.00 per person-per trek
- Chimpanzee permits that go for a cost of USD 150.OO
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item not included in our itinerary
Day 1 Arrival -Botanical Gardens
On Arrival at Entebbe Airport,you will be welcomed by our official guide representative who will also brief you about the safari and then transfer to Entebbe Palm beach hotel,you will have lunch and then have a biking experience around Entebbe for 1 and half hours.you will then return to the hotel for dinner for overnight BB
Day 2 Entebbe -Murchison Falls National Park
Depart Kampala early morning taking a panoramic drive north-west through the famous Luwero Triangle. Optional stop at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. Opened up in 1998, the Rhino fund aims at re introducing black and white Rhinos in to Uganda’s protected areas as well as educating the local communities on endangered Rhinos, poaching and environmental conservation. The Rhino trek takes 1-2 hours and you will get an opportunity of viewing them at close quarters. Have a lunch stop in Masindi and continue on to the top of the falls. Checking in for the night at Pakuba safari lodge. B,L,D
Day 3 Murchison Falls National Park
Early morning game drive in the Northern sector of the park, on a good day, you may be able to see animals such as Giraffes, Lions, Hartebeests, Elephants, Cape buffalo and many other mammals. Bird species may include the Black Chested Snake Eagle, Blue Napped Mouse birds, the Secretary bird, Swallow Tailed Bee-eaters and the Silver Headed Agama. After the game drive, back to your lodge for late breakfast and relaxation. After lunch, enjoy a boat cruise on the placid Victoria Nile to the bottom of the magnificent Murchison Falls where the Nile plunges through a narrow crevice and over a 40 metre drop. En route, you may be able to see the Nile crocodile, pools of hippo, water bucks and a variety of bird species. Overnight stay at Pakuba Safari Lodge, B, L, D
Day 4 Murchison falls national park – Kibale national park (Approx 8hrs drive)
Morning breakfast and start on your long drive to Fort Portal. Enjoy this long drive of 450 Kms passing through different homesteads. This will take you around 8 hours of driving, Arrive in the late afternoon check in for dinner and overnight stay at kibale forest camp. B, L, D
Day 5: Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale and Bigodi Swamp
Early morning wake up to be ready for your chimp trekking experience today. Afternoon Bigodi swamp walk. Bigodi is a very interesting area of Papyrus and swamp forest. Distinct possibilities include White-spotted Flufftail, Blue-headed Coucal, Blue-breasted Kingfisher, Yellow-billed Barbet and Scaly-throated Honey guide, Scaly-breasted Illadopsis, Blue-shouldered and Snowy-headed Robin-Chats, Black-faced Rufous Warbler and plenty of the spectacular Great Blue Turacos. kibale forest camp Overnight at. B, L, D
Day 6:Kibale Forest – Queen Elizabeth National park
Have an early morning tour to the crater lakes region. Visit the top of the world (A natural bridge)and view the snow Cap of Mount Rwenzori on a clear day. Have an early lunch at the lodge and drive through the foot hills of Rwenzori ranges on to Queen Elizabeth National park. Dinner and overnight stay at Irungu forest camp B,L,D
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth National park
Get up ready for a 6.30 am morning game drive. The park’s diverse ecosystem of grassy plains, tropical forest, rivers, swamps, lakes and volcanic craters is home to an incredible abundance of wildlife. Look out for buffaloes, lions, elephants and other wild life in their natural habitat. Reture for a lunch and then head for the Afternoon boat cruise on kazinga channel
Day 8: Queen Elizabeth National park- Bwindi Forest National Park
We Transfer to Bwindi Forest National Park via Ishasha sector for game drive looking for the rare tree climbing lions, will continue driving to Bwindi Forest National Park, Overnight stay at Buhoma community rest camp. B,L,D
Day 9: Gorilla Tracking
Enter the forest at dawn and enjoy the beauty and freshness of the forest, home to more than half of the world’s mountain gorillas. After a short briefing by the guides, proceed through the dense bush to trek for these endangered animals depending on where they built their nest the previous night. For conservation purposes, time allowed with the Gorillas is 1 hour. Observe the gentle giants as they feed and play. Overnight stay at Buhoma community rest camp FB
Day 10: Bwindi – Lake Bunyonyi.
We shall go for an optional guided forest walk. Rushurra trail will give you extensive views across the western rift valley floor. To the west, Congo’s ParcNationale des Virungas provides a spectacular back drop and on a clear day, Lake Edward and Mount Rwenzori are visible. Muzabajirro trail offers breath taking views of Bwindi forest , the western rift valley and the Virungas. On the way you will view hundreds of pre – historic tree ferns. Have an early lunch at the lodge and drive to lake Bunyonyi, overnight stay at Bunyonyi rock resort. B,L,D
Drive time: 4 – 5 hours
Day 11: Lake Bunyonyi.
Embark on an early boat ride around the islands on the lake, continue on to the Batwa communities and take note of their local livelihoods. Overnight stay at Bunyonyi rock resort B,L,D
Day 12: Lake Bunyonyi – Lake Mburo
Check out of the lodge with packed lunches and transfer to lake Mburo national park, overnight stay at lake mburo safari lodge.B,L,D
Day 13: Lake Mburo- Entebbe
Early morning game drive and enjoy the rich biodiversity including large herds of zebra, impala, gigantic eland, topis and a variety of bird species. Return to the lodge for a late breakfast. Have an early lunch at the lodge and transfer to Entebbe with a stop at the equator for souvenirs/photographs. Overnight stay at Gately on nile. B,L,D.
Day 14: Departure
Depending on the flight time, breakfast at the lodge and transfer to the airport to check in for your flight
What to Pack for your Wild Adventures Safari
- Wear jungle shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Put on ear plugs for those who feel uncomfortable with jungle sounds.
- Carry rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Carry a packed lunch.
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Burry all human feaces a minimum of one foot deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
Your group must not be more than 8 tourists and must all be over 15 years old.