- Tour Package: 3 Days Budget Gorilla Safaris in Uganda
- Starting from USD 1249 Sharing in a group of 2 people
- Number of Activities : 2
- Tour(Safari) Duration: 3 days
- Maximum Number of Tourist in the Group : 10
- Date of Booking : Any Date
Overview – Gorilla Safari
3 Days Gorilla Safari Package
Track Uganda’s mountain gorillas with Zimbo Safaris Uganda because this package offers a great discount to clients that have a strong passion for the mountain gorillas. This safari package involves staying in affordable, clean accommodation facilities in Bwindi. On addition we offer all the necessary assistance in helping you acquire a gorilla permit and also ensure your comfort transportation in a 4×4 Customized safari vehicle due to the rough terrain in the Bwindi forest.You will be moved by these endangered mountain gorillas before you take a community cultural walk to explore the local communities surrounding the park as you wait for the next day drive back to Kampala/Entebbe via Queen Elizabeth park and the great scenery places of Kasese and Fort Portal regions. Gorilla trekking in Uganda is now the most popular safari in Uganda. your requested dates of the trip.
Note: You need to book for your Gorilla Safari at least 6 months (but not more than two years) in advance for us to ensure availability of Gorilla permits on your requested dates of the trip.
Gorilla Safari Includes
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla permits
- Equator monument experience
- Accommodations (Rushaga Gorilla haves lodge) on full board basis
- Car hire 4×4 customized safari vehicle inclusive of fuel (Land cruise /minivan)
- Services of an English speaking driver and Guide
- Refreshments on the way (mineral water) (lunch)
- All government taxes.
Gorilla Safari Excludes
- All items of personal nature e.g telephone call bills,fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item not included in our itinerary.
- Rushaga Gorilla Havens lodge (full board basis)
- 4×4 Customized safari vehicle (Land cruiser)
Detailed itinerary -Gorilla Safari
Day 1: Entebbe -Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park.
Our guide/driver will pick you at 7:00 am from Entebbe Palm Beach Hotel and drive to Mbarara (283km from Kampala) via Masaka. Make a first stop over at Equator crossing for snacks and photography. Proceed with a visit to Igongo Cultural village this is more rewarding and amazing as you visit the Ankole museum. Lunch break is made at Agip Motel Mbarara. After lunch, drive to Bwindi. This is the lushest highland rain forest on earth, filled with primates and exotic birds, valleys, hilltops and papyrus swamps. Dinner and overnight stay at your Lodge: – Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner.
Accommodation in Bwindi:-
Budget/Low facilities: Gorilla Rushaga Haven Lodge| Buhoma Community Bandas| Gorilla Valley Lodge
Day 2 Bwindi (Gorilla tracking and Batwa community trail)
Enter the forest at dawn and enjoy the beauty and freshness of the forest, home to more than half of the world’s mountain gorillas. After a short briefing by the guides, proceed through the dense bush to trek for these endangered animals depending on where they built their nest the previous night. For conservation purposes, time allowed with the Gorillas is 1 hour. Observe the gentle giants as they feed and play. Overnight stay at Rushaga Gorilla havens lodge. FB
You need to book for your Gorilla Safari at least 6 months (but not more than two years) in advance to ensure that requested dates are available.
Gorilla tracking in Bwindi can be challenging, therefore ensure fitness. The tracking experience starts at 8.30 am local time and can last from a few hours to a whole day! Registration at the gate commences at 7.45 am.After lunch you will have a community trail to the Batwa where you will have chance to explore their way of life.The Batwa are believed to be the indegenous inhabitants of the Bwindi Impenetrable forest and were asked to vacate the forest by the Uganda Wildlife Authority for tourism and conservation motives.You will later go for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 Bwindi national park – Entebbe
In morning after breakfast transfer back to Kampala, Lunch in Mbarara optional stop over at Igongo for visit to the museum, arrive in Kampala late afternoon. Check in at Gately-on –Nile to freshen up thereafter be Dropped off to preferred location (Entebbe International Airport)
|Number of people||Cost per person|
|1 PERSON||USD 1819|
|2 PEOPLE||USD 1249|
|3 PEOPLE||USD 1095|
|4 PEOPLE||USD 1021|
|5 PEOPLE||USD 975|
What To Carry In Your Back Pack on a Gorilla Safari
- Wear jungle shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Put on ear plugs for those who feel uncomfortable with jungle sounds.
- Carry rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Carry a lunch box.
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 meters (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Burry all human feaces a minimum of one foot deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
Your group must not be more than 8 tourists and must all be over 15 years old.