- Tour Package: 4 Days Luxury Primate and Wildlife
- Starting from USD 2287 Sharing in a group of 2 people
- Number of Activities : 6
- Tour (Safari) Duration: 14 days
- Maximum Number of Tourist in the Group : 10
- Date of Booking : Any Date
Combine the experience on our 4 Day gorilla and wildlife adventure.Track the mountain gorillas and view a great number of wild animals.This is a Primate and wildlife safari package designed for up market clients who would wish to spend 4days of their holiday vacation in Uganda the Pearl of Africa. Uganda has got ten major national parks and this package covers two of them, Lake Mburo national park and Bwindi Impenetrable national park. This package involves tracking of primates like Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi national park as well as a nature walk, and a wildlife tour in Lake Mburo national park. On addition you will have chance to view beautiful scenery of nature and the locals of Uganda on your way to the park. The package also provides accommodation to enable you enjoy your stay in our country as you explore your wildlife adventure dreams in the two national parks.
This safari package also insures your Transportation in a 4×4 customized safari vehicle (land cruiser /min van) as a priority to make this package safe and successful due to the rough terrain in these national parks.
Book with us for a tremendous 4days safari experience.
NOTE: You need to book for your Wildlife adventure and Gorilla Safari at least 6 months (but not more than two years) in advance for us to ensure availability of Gorilla permits on your requested dates of the trip.
- Lake Mburo national park
- Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla permit (USD 600.00 per person-per trek)
- Equator monument experience
- Park entrance fee
- Game drive
- Boat cruise
- Accommodations (Mihingo lodge) and (Mahogany Spring) on full board basis
- Car hire 4×4 customised safari vehicle inclusive of fuel (land cruise /mini van)
- Services of an English speaking driver and Guide
- Services of a game ranger
- Refreshments on the way (mineral water) (lunch)
- All government taxes.
- All items of personal nature e.g telephone call bills,fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item not included in our itinerary
- Mihingo lodge (full board basis)
- Mahogany Spring (full board basis)
- 4X4 Customised safari vehicle (landcruiser)
Detailed Itinerary – 4 Days Wildlife Adventure and Gorilla tracking
On arrival you will be welcomed by our guide representative at Entebbe International Airport who will brief you on the Safari trip and transfer to Entebbe palm beach hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 1 Kampala – Lake Mburo National park
After your morning breakfast,you will be picked up from Entebbe Palm beach hotel at 7:00 am and depart for the safari trip at 7:15 am, you will drive south westwards stopping at the Mpigi Drum Makers where you will watch the ceremonial drums being crafted using methods passed down through generations you will have another stopover at the equator to take photographs continue on to Lake Mburo National Park, the only park in the country with an entire lake from which it derives its name. In the afternoon have a boat ride on the lake overnight at Mihingo Lodge. FB
Boat Trips: The presence of Lake Mburo within the park is a blessing. The lake is rich with a diversity of animal and plant species, which can only be viewed clearly while on a boat trip. These include crocodiles, hippopotami and birds like Pelicans, Black crake, Heron, Cormorant and Fish eagle but you may also see the rare Shoebill stork, all of which will furnish your visit with pride.
The duration of each boat ride is 2 hours maximum, but arrangements for extra time can be made with management at an extra fee.after check in at Mihingo lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2 Lake Mburo national park – Bwindi Impenetrable national park.
Breakfast and then go for a game drive and then check out of Mihingo.Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable national park,a stop over will be made at Agip in mbarara for lunch and then proceed to Bwindi,guest will check in at Mahogany Springs.
Day 3: Gorilla Tracking
Enter the forest at dawn and enjoy the beauty and freshness of the forest, home to more than half of the world’s mountain gorillas. After a short briefing by the guides, proceed through the dense bush to trek for these endangered animals depending on where they built their nest the previous night. For conservation purposes, time allowed with the Gorillas is 1 hour. Observe the gentle giants as they feed and play. Overnight stay at Mahogany Springs. FB
Gorilla Tracking: This is the major activity in Bwindi, with Ten Gorilla groups currently available daily for tourists. Mubare group (5 gorillas, 1 silverback) was opened for tourism in 1993, Habinyanja group (18 gorillas, 2 silverback) opened in July 1999, Rushegura group (20 gorillas, 1 silver-back) was opened in July 2002, while Nkuringogroup (20 gorillas, 3 silver-backs) was opened for tourism in April 2004. Bitukura group (14 members with Silverbacks) was opened up for tourism in 2008. Nshongi group was opened for tourism in 2009 and is believed to be the largest Gorilla family in the world with 25 gorilla members with 4 Silverbacks.Mishaya group with 9 members and 1 Silverback was opened up for Tourism in 2011, Oruzogo group with 23 gorilla members with 2 silver-backs was opened for tourism in June 2011 and Kahungye with 13 members including 3 silverbacks. The latest groups to be opened for tourism include Busingye which was opened at the beginning of the year 2013.
You need to book for your Gorilla Safari at least 6 months (but not more than two years) in advance to ensure that requested dates are available.
Gorilla tracking in Bwindi can be challenging, therefore ensure fitness. The tracking experience starts at 8.30 am local time and can last from a few hours to a whole day! Registration at the gate commences at 7.45 am.
Day 4: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park –Kampala.
In morning after breakfast transfer back to Kampala, Lunch in Mbarara optional stop over at Igongo for visit to the museum, arrive in Kampala late afternoon. Check in at Gately-on –Nile to freshen up thereafter be Dropped off to preferred location (Entebbe International Airport)
|Number of people||Cost per person|
|1 PERSON||USD 3254|
|2 PEOPLE||USD 2287|
|3 PEOPLE||USD 2038|
|4 PEOPLE||USD 1943|
|5 PEOPLE||USD 1864|
What To Carry for the Wildlife adventure
- Wear jungle shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Put on ear plugs for those who feel uncomfortable with jungle sounds.
- Carry rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Carry a lunch box.
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Burry all human feaces a minimum of one foot deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
Your group must not be more than 8 tourists and must all be over 15 years old.