- Tour Package: 8 Days, 7 Nights in Uganda Birding Safari
- Number of Activities : 4
- Tour(Safari) Duration: 8 days
- Maximum Number of Tourists in the Group : 14
- Date of Booking : Any Date
8 Days Kidepo Wildlife and Bird Watching
This 8 day safari in Uganda is a chance for you to experience the wildlife and bird watching attractions in Uganda; begin birding in Entebbe, enjoy the scenic view and bird life in Mt Elgon national park, go to Kidepo national park in the north east( a hot spot for game drive and birding). You shall also visit the karimajong people and learn about their culture then transfer back to Kampala.
- Airport transfers
- Park Entrance fee
- Birding in Entebbe
- Game drive
- Tour of Sipi Falls
- Birding in Kidepo
- Nature walk
- Services of a Game ranger
- Car hire 4×4 customized safari vehicle inclusive of fuel (land cruiser/min-van)
- Services of an English speaking Driver and Guide
- Accomodation (on a full board basis
- Refreshments on the way (mineral water)(lunch)
- All Government taxes
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item not included in our itinerary
- Pakuba safari lodge (full board basis)
- 4×4 safari customized vehicle (min van).
- Airport Transfers
- Park Entance fee
- Game drive
- 4×4 Car hire inclusive of fuel
- Services of an English speaking driver
- Accommodation on a full board basis
- Service charge
- All government taxes involved
• All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
• Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
• Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
• Laundry services.
• Any other item not included in our itinerary
Day 1: Bird watching in Entebbe.
birding safari Meet your guide to transfer you to a Hotel. Depending on the time of arrival, the visitors will explore numerous sites like the Botanical gardens at the shores of Lake Victoria for the Black and white Casqued Hornbill and Ross’s Turaco, Park Alexander for blue turacos or Ngamba Island chimp sanctuary which hosts over 300 bird species and an option of a boat trip. Dinner and over night stay at Serena Hotel, Africana Hotel or Equatorial hotel in Kampala.
Day 2: Drive to Mt Elgon National Park.
Have breakfast and leave for Mbale, lunch en route. Stop at Sipi falls-Mt Elgon National Park for a forest exploration around the park expecting to see the Tacazze sun-bird, bronze napped pigeon, Hartlaub’s turaco and a good number of wild animals. Dinner and overnight stay at Sipi falls lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Kidepo valley National park.
After breakfast drive to Apoka rest camp, built with comfort as the materials are local craftsmen with natural canvas walls surrounded by a rocky kopje and endless views of the savannah. Lunch at Apoka lodge and go for an evening game drive around the park expecting to see the ostrich, Kori, Carmine and a variety of wild animals. Dinner and overnight stay at Apoka lodge.
Day 4: Bird watching and Game viewing in Kidepo.
After breakfast advance to the Narus valley for the attractive silver bird, small bands of yellow-billed shrike and other wide spread species like the Vinaceous dove, Nubian woodpecker, magnificent starlings, little weaver and red-cheeked cordon-bleu, Hoopoe, Mosque swallow and some wild animals such as the tree climbing lions, elephants, leopards, bush duiker and jackal. Have lunch at the lodge and head to Morungule Mountain for forest exploration with a ranger guide to enable you fully witness all the birds such as the ostrich, kori bustard, verreaux’s eagle, Egyptian vulture and pygmy falcon plus other wild animals like buffaloes, bush pigs, kavirondo bush baby and bush buck. Dinner and overnight stay at Apoka lodge.
Day 5: Bird watching and Wildlife viewing.
a cup of tea and leave for the morning game drive around the park where you will have a spectacular view of the bat-eared fox, striped hyena, hunting dogs, aardwolf, caracal, cheetah, chandlers mountain reedbuck, klipspringer, greater and lesser kudu, dikdik and bright gazelle, warthog, Rothschild giraffe, eland, cape buffalo, oribi and Jackson’s hartebeest. Return to the lodge for breakfast and rest. After lunch travel to Kidepo valley to view several bird species found there like the 4 species of hornbills that is red billed, yellow-billed, Jackson’s hornbill and giant Abyssinian ground hornbill. Dinner and overnight stay at Apoka lodge.
Day 6: Nature walk and picnic.
A delicious breakfast and depart for a remarkable nature walk, you will visit the Karamajong “Manyattas” (homesteads), and kraals, you will see traditional costumes, stools, headdresses, bows, arrows, knives, spears and jewelry. Head to the picnic site on the sand and enjoy the soft sound of palm leaves in constant motion with the wind with fresh air to make your visit worth remembering. Dinner and overnight stay at Apoka lodge.
Day 7: Transfer to Kampala.
After breakfast leave for Kampala. Lunch en route while dinner and overnight at Imperial Hotel or Golf view Inn.
Day 8: Drive to the Airport.
Depending on the time of your flight, you may enjoy a half birding day around Entebbe at Uganda wildlife education centre, in other respects; you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departure flight.
|Number of people||Cost per person|
|1 PERSON||USD 1559|
|2 PEOPLE||USD 909|
|3 PEOPLE||USD 715|
|4 PEOPLE||USD 626|
|5 PEOPLE||USD 575|
What To Carry for your wildlife and Bird watching
What to bring:
- Wear jungle shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Put on ear plugs for those who feel uncomfortable with jungle sounds.
- Carry rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Carry a lunch box
- Camera Tripod
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Burry all human feaces a minimum of one foot deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
Your group must not be more than 8 tourists and must all be over 15 years old.